Habitat's Homeownership Program
Three Main Criteria for Homebuyer Selection
NEED: for simple, safe, decent and affordable housing as defined by, but not limited to one or more below:
- Substandard living conditions
- Unsafe living environment Cost Burdened
- Overcrowded (adult and child or more than two children share a bedroom, or two children of the opposite sex share a bedroom)
- Government Subsidized Housing
ABILITY TO PAY: up to a 30-year, interest free mortgage:
- No unpaid debts, collections, liens or outstanding judgements
- Habitat mortgage loans require a minimum down payment of $1,000 and first-years homeowners insurance premium
- At least 2 years of continuous, steady and verifiable income
WILLINGNESS TO PARTNER with HFH of Henderson
- Complete a minimum of 250 hours of "Sweat Equity" (your time instead of cash - on your home, other Habitat homes, our ReStore, Affiliate office, fundraisers and other types of approved community volunteer opportunities
- *Media coverage is critical to securing funding needed for future Habitat homes. Families may be photographed at events or while putting in sweat equity hours and could appear on any of the news outlets, HFHH website or social media outlets during and after their partnership participation.
BELOW IS 5 YES OR NO PRE-QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS TO ANWSER AND SEE IF YOU SHOULD PROCEED WITH THE FULL APPLICATION. PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
1. ABILITY TO PAY: I have at least 2 years of continuous, steady and verifiable income. YES or NO
2. INCOME: My yearly income is AT LEAST the minimum for my household size and DOES NOT exceed the maximum income on chart below: YES or NO
Family Size Minimum - Maximum Gross Annual Income
- $21,420 $48,960
- $24,465 $55,920
- $27,510 $62,880
- $30,555 $69,840
- $33,005 $75,440
- $35,455 $81,040
- $37,905 $86,640
- $40,355 $92,240
3. NEED: My current housing situation has at least one of the following issues:
- In need of major repairs
- In a dangerous or unsafe neighborhood
- do not own my own home. (Live with parents, relatives or a significant other) YES or NO
4. WILLINGNESS TO PARTNER: I am willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity of Henderson, Ky. I am willing to put in at least 250 hours of required “Sweat Equity” working at the job sites, attend required credit classes, home maintenance, budgeting plus home ownership classes and with some other community projects with other local non-profit organizations. YES or NO
5. I LIVE OR HAVE WORKED IN HENDERSON COUNTY FOR AT LEAST THE LAST 12 MONTHS: YES or NO
If you can answer YES to all 5 questions above and you do not have more than $5,000 in collections, you may be eligible for the Partnership Purchase Program to purchase a Habitat home in the City of Henderson.
The 2024-25 fiscal year housing application round has already closed for this year. You can download the Informational Packet that gives more details about the Partnership Purchase Program and what you will need when applications open back up on October 1, 2024. There is a checklist that shows what will be needed to help you prepare so you know what to expect when you apply. This program once approved, takes approximately 12-18 months to complete. If homeownership is a goal you are prepared to pursue and are ready for the responsibility of owning your own home, then feel free to send us an email and we can send a text reminder before the applications are available next year. Thank you for your interest in the Henderson Habitat Partnership Purchase Program and we hope to see you during next years housing fair!
Shadley Stone, Director of Homebuyer Services | (270) 826-0015 | email@example.com
Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity of Henderson
brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
All the information about applicant families collected by Habitat of Henderson, Ky is kept confidential. Please make a copy of all the materials you send to us and keep your records together in a safe place.
Partnership Purchase Program
The 2024-25 FY Henderson Habitat Partnership Purchase Program Applications have closed for this year.
Our next open application session will start on
October 1st - 31st, 2024.
If you would like more information about the program and how you can prepare for the process,
the informational packet. You can also email us to receive
a reminder text for the next
application session at firstname.lastname@example.org